Saturday, March 5, 2011

Late trip update 3- Botanical Garden/ Entebbe Zoo

After a visit to the Kasubi Tombs...we set off to our last destination for the day. We wanted to see the Botanical Garden and the zoo in Entebbe. Entebbe is located on the shores of Lake Victoria, and is the other largest city besides Kampala, it is where the International airport is located. It is the only captive wild animals' collection center in the country- so it is devoted solely for Coservation Educational purposes.
At this point I was beginning to run low on battery life, so I could only pick what to take a photo of...there were many missed opportunity with the animals. Anyhow we'll make do with what I have.


2 old Lions- I say Old because they didn't care to scare anyone staring at them
 
There's only two of this Rhinoceros in their kind and they are both from Uganda (nevermind my shadow)

Mama monkey breastfeeding her young.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG! This safari looks SO cool! I really wanna visit one...def on my bucketlist now :)
Thanks for visiting my blog & yer, watch Blue Valentine x

Xisses, Onyxsta

htpp://say-bleurgh.blogspot.com/

Stella Kodi said...

Hey OnyxSta...hope you're having a fun weekend...I will definitely watch it...and seriously, you should take a safari trip if you get the chance...it's awesome